Missing the ‘New C++ Class’ option when I right click in my Content Browser

Anyone able to tell me why I am missing the ‘New C++ Class’ option when I right click in my Content Browser?
This is in a brand new Third person Blueprint project.

Missing New C++ Class.JPG

8 Likes

Hello! To widely use C++ source you should create project not from BP but C++ 3rd Person template

EDIT: In BP project you can add C++ source with Editor Main Menu File->New C++ Class. After that most of C++ things will appear

1 Like

Right-click on your .uproject file from Windows Explorer and there should be an option of “Generate Visual Studio Project Files”. It should fix your issue.

2 Likes

For anyone coming to this from a search engine: in UE5 it’s under Tools → New C++ Class

56 Likes

You’re a lifesaver, I have no idea why this was so hard for me to find

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Seriously, thank you! I was looking every where for this.

why not having the right click menu option in the content browser is a mystery. it appears if you right click in the plugin folders.

In older version, C++ class is mixed with BluePrint in Content Browser. Expand the Content Browser on the top left corner, you will see C++ class listed under another folder. Alternatively, you can find create new C++ class in File.

Lifesaver :partying_face:

Just want to point out real quick that this is OUTRAGEOUSLY bad UX. They absolutely need to change this.

thank you

Muchas gracias, campeón