Missing shadows on Moveable objects at lower screen resolutions

I’ve come across a weird issue with shadows from Stationary lights not being cast on Moveable objects at lower screen/capture resolutions.

I’ve made a really simple scene which demonstrates the problem.
I have a stationary point light, a pillar made from a static standard box cube, and a Moveable sphere behind it.
I also changed the Volumetric Lightmap Detail Cell Size from 200 to 50, to give it the best change of making good shadows.

The sphere should be completely black, because the light is fully blocked by the pillar, and there is no other light source in the scene.

At a normal windows size, the sphere is black as it should be.

However, if I make the window size smaller (e.g. < 1000 pixels wide), then the sphere becomes increasingly visible, until the shadow isn’t being applied to it at all any more.

I’ve changed nothing between these two screenshots other than resizing the PIE window.

This same issue applies to scene captures (which is where I originally noticed it), and makes low-res scene captures useless if they are supposed to be capturing a real view of the level.

The issue only seems to happen with Stationary lights casting shadows from Static meshes onto Moveable or Stationary ones.

The problem doesn’t happen if the light is set to Static or Moveable, nor if the sphere is set to Static.
(Setting the pillar to anything but Static gives awful shadowing regardless.)

Any idea how I can get around this issue, specifically for a lower-resolution scene capture?
Is my only option to capture at a ludicrously high resolution (1024x1024 or higher), even though I only need a low-res capture of 128x128 for my purposes? That really inefficient, especially given how expensive scene captures can be.