Miscellaneous questions about the game

I have a lot of simple questions about the game and I will ask them in this thread.

1. When I click on the button, a source of particles is created. I need to delete the source when clicking on another button.
  2. When I press the button, the particles do not appear immediately, but after a certain time (about 1 second). I need the particles to appear instantly. Tell me how to fix this?

You get a reference to the emitter here

which you can use to kill it.

The problem with a slow start is due to the configuration of the emitter, you need to change that.

I studied the emitter settings, but did not find it.

how to use this link?

Right click on it and choose ‘convert to parameter’.

I don’t know if it’s a Niagara or Cascade system. Either way, you have a lot to learn there:

I don’t have that option

Sorry, I mean promote to variable :wink:

( convert to parameter is in a material, but it’s the same idea ).

What is the idea? How can I destroy the emitter using this variable?

Thanks

How to remove curves from this list?

By pressing the 3 key, I can create many emitters. How do I find out how many emitters currently exist?

Since you have AutoDestroy true, my best uneducated guess:

But whether this could work depends on how you’re using it.

1 Like

• either:

• or

If you want to do it completely manually, ensure the pin is of that type:

But assigning creates a matching signature automatically. Nobody got time for making pins by hand ;p

1 Like

Thank you friend! You helped me a lot.
By the way, if AutoDestroy false, then nothing changes.

I still have a question about setting up the emitter, I could not solve it myself. My emitter spawns 10 particles, but they spawn one at a time. I need 10 particles to appear at the same time. As a solution, I can create 10 emitters, which will each create one particle. Is it possible to set up the emitter so that it creates 10 particles at the same time?

Perhaps it would be better to look at some Niagara tutorials. It’s a really vast topic.

1 Like

In the Niagara System, a sprite moves along a curved path.

How can I set it in the settings so that the sprite turns in the direction of movement as in the figure?

With a red rectangle, I highlighted the values ​​that change while the animation is playing. How can I write these values to a variable?

When I click on 0, I create a new character, only it hangs in the air.

I need it to drop to the floor when creating a new character. How to create a new character so that he obeys the laws of physics?

How to make it so that the character does not appear in the initial project from the 3rd person, but appears only when the button is pressed?