Minigame within game?

I have an arcade style game made and I want to load the game onto a static mesh in a main world. For example I can walk up to an arcade machine and load the game without leaving the previous level. How would I go about doing this? Thanks.

Make the arcade machine a character and possess it with your playerController; then all arcade controls you can setup like common character input controls.

In C++ we can also switch PlayerController class to implement different controls where you could make one exclusively for the arcade machine, but I’m not sure if you can do that in Blueprint code.

In addition to what BrUnO XaVIeR said, to have your minigame appear on the screen of an arcade machine you can put the minigame someplace inaccessible in your level and set up render target so it would be rendered to the screen surface.

You should check out the “Features Tour 2014”. You can download it in the launcher under the “Learn” tab. It has exactly what you are looking for. It has a standard controller and you can walk up to an arcade machine and play a space shooter minigame.

@order66 I will check that out!

Thanks for all the help guys!