Migration 4.27 -> 5.3 bUseFullPrecision deprecated, doesn't automatically update FloatPrecisionMode

After migrating from 4.27 to 5.3, the bUseFullPrecision setting has been replaced with bUseFullPrecision_deprecated.
In theory this code in Material.cpp should automatically upgrade it to use FloatprecisionMode:

if(bUseFullPrecision_DEPRECATED && FloatPrecisionMode == EMaterialFloatPrecisionMode::MFPM_Half)
	{
		FloatPrecisionMode = EMaterialFloatPrecisionMode::MFPM_Full;
		bUseFullPrecision_DEPRECATED = false;
	}

Because the default value for FloatPrecisionMode is EMaterialFloatPrecisionMode::MFPM_Default I tried changing that to:

if(bUseFullPrecision_DEPRECATED)
	{
		FloatPrecisionMode = EMaterialFloatPrecisionMode::MFPM_Full;
		bUseFullPrecision_DEPRECATED = false;
	}

The issue is that bUseFullPrecision_deprecated seems to be false on all (or most) materials, even though bUseFullPrecision was set before.

I’ve tried adding a propertyredirect:

+PropertyRedirects=(OldName="Material.bUseFullPrecision",NewName="bUseFullPrecision_DEPRECATED")

I’ve also tried directly renaming bUseFullPrecision_deprecated back to bUseFullPrecision, but the value is always false.
I think this did work for some materials eventually but most are still on EMaterialFloatPrecisionMode::MFPM_Default.
The materials haven’t been resaved since the migration, so it should automatically update the FloatPrecisionMode?

We had quite a few materials set to use full precision and it’s not always easy to see which materials need it, so we’d like to avoid manually re-enabling it.

bUseFullPrecision is a bit field value, maybe that’s why the propertyredirect doesn’t work correctly?

UPROPERTY()
	uint8 bUseFullPrecision_DEPRECATED : 1; 

Any help would be appreciated.