Migrating from ApexDestruction to Chaos

I’m working on migrating my game from Unreal Engine 4 (4.27) to Unreal Engine 5 (5.0.3). As you know, ApexDestruction has been deprecated/removed for UE5. I’m trying to remove ApexDestruction related things and replace them with the Chaos equivalent. I havent been able to find any guides or information on how to do this.

One of the problems I’m running into is UDestructibleComponent no longer exists (this was in ApexDestruction). So I’m not sure what the Chaos equivalent is for UDestructibleComponent.

Hey there @Katianie! So there isn’t a workflow for upgrading a project from Apex to Chaos, and since Chaos destruction works a bit differently there aren’t always 1:1 analogous classes between the two. It’s been a while since I had worked with Apex, but I believe the closest would be UGeometryCollectionComponent.

That said. you may be able to compare their API pages to streamline the process if you’re making a porting utility:

1 Like

Thanks! This is a great lead, much appreciated.

No problem! If you do end up successfully creating a utility for it, I’d recommend submitting it to the marketplace as you aren’t the first user who’s asked if there’s a workflow for it!