Microphone not working on Quest 2

Hi everyone,

I’m having a hard time making the microphone of the Quest 2 work on our game.

I have ticked the box to add permissions to support voice chat (Record_audio)

I also added the permission manually, it didn’t helped

In my Config folder I have an Android folder with an AndroidEngine.ini, inside I have this

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Oculus
bHasVoiceEnabled=true

And with that when I use Create Audio Capture it always fails with Error: Failed to open oboe capture stream: ErrorInternal

Anyone got an idea of what I’m missing ?

Well, the solution was simple. I needed to manually ask for permission.

This is now working !

1 Like

Hey! Can you guide me a bit more?
I am just trying to activate the my mic inside my Oculus packaging.
My idea is that the player hears his/her own voice like in an echo

I added an Audiocapture component to my scene, it works ok in Windows.

When packaging I followed your tip, but I cannot hear my voice…

Is it anything else to do?

Thanks a lot in advance!

You can already check if the permission to record the mictophone is allowed in the settings of your headset. And to verify your setup is working (without the permission thing), you can also just enable it manually.

If it doesn’t work by enabling it manually, you have an error somewhere else.

Otherwise, you can just verify that the code to ask for permission is started before anything else. I think the best place to put it is in the GameInstance.

I’ve been addressing the issue of the Oculus Quest 2 microphone not working when using Oculus Link, and here are some effective solutions:

• Select Correct Input Device on PC:
    • Ensure “Headset Microphone (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)” is set as the input device in Windows Sound Settings.
  • Use Voice Recorder to Activate Mic:
    • Use Windows Voice Recorder to force the mic to activate, then reconnect the Link cable and enable Oculus Link.
  • Check Mic Volume & Disable Exclusive Control:
    • In Sound Control Panel, ensure the Oculus mic is set as the default device, at 100% volume, and disable the option “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
  • Disable ‘Hear Computer Audio in VR’ in Oculus Software:
    • In Oculus settings, disable this option as it can interfere with mic functionality.
  • Ensure Oculus Is Selected in All Software:
    • Confirm “Oculus Virtual Audio Device” is selected as the input device in all relevant software, including third-party VR software.
  • Adjust Microphone Privacy Settings in Windows:
    • Enable microphone access in Windows “Microphone privacy settings,” including for both apps and desktop apps.
  • Wear the Headset During Tests:
    • The Quest 2 mic only activates when the headset is being worn, so ensure you’re wearing it while testing these fixes.

These steps should help resolve the microphone issues with Oculus Quest 2 when using Oculus Link. Feel free to check out my post for more details on any of these solutions!

Check full article here: https://smartglasseshub(.)com/oculus-quest-mic-not-working-oculus-link/