Metahumans Plugin for 5.1.0 ?

Anyone knows how to update the plugin for 5.1?
It’s currently unusable, no way to create metahuman Identities in UE5.1.0

4 Likes

It seems either it is built-in or there is no support for MH yet.

I would like to know this as well. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can enlighten us on how to upgrade a project that relies on Metahuman Plugin to 5.1

Yeah appears that 5.1 doesn’t support the Metahuman plugin… blah! so annoying that Epic releases new versions of the engine but doesn’t support even their own plugins before GA gets released… I get it that during preview the plugin(s) wouldn’t be updated, but surely they had ample time to update the plugins ready for GA release.

I guess they expect everyone to keep all versions of the engine installed “just in case” we need to use something :confused:

3 Likes

Weeks after release, still no metahuman plugin support for 5.1…

2 Likes

…and… a new version of the plugin for 5.0 to support the latest Metahuman 1.3.x but still no love for 5.1.

Very sad state of affairs.

1 Like

Yeah the annoying part is I can’t find any roadmap or product board for the metahuman plugin. So we don’t even know what they are planning to do.

3 Likes

Or any roadmap for Metahumans in general.

Like, when will females be able to wear more than boy shorts, jeans and long pants.
Being able to wear skirts and dresses would be nice from within Metahuman Creator.
I know we can transfer heads across to clothing in the City Demo… but come on… how long has Metahuman Creator been around now, and still the same basic crap (with a little fairy dust on top like patterns and multi-colors)…
… oh and please… people CAN be barefoot you know :confused:

Rant over.

Found this out after downloading 20 GB of install files and installing 5.1 assuming it would support Metahumans - now I have re-download another 20 GB to install 5.0.x to be able to work on Metahumans? :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m mid-project, and I decide to copy a duplicate into 5.1 - to a point, everything worked as intended, so I kept working on things like foliage. Once I got back into animating and working with my metahumans again, wowee! Arms distorting all over the place, I can’t compile any metahuman BP without warnings about “out of date” and “Degenerated” references.
Even re-downloading the metahumans fresh from the editor doesn’t help - even when I’m going back to 5.0 with the upgraded plugin! I’d like to have a much better roadmap with this DNA stuff as well (why the hell do I need to select a skeletal mesh, like I’m importing an animation?). Why does an upgrade need to disrupt workflow like this?

Yeah, it’s especially frustrating when you see people using expensive plugins like Draper to achieve the dress flow and other movement that Chaos Cloth promises but never quite delivers. I’ve had my own difficulties getting all kinds of clothing working for my female metahumans, in addition to physics. I mean, it’s the Beta Vs VHS problem all over again; don’t be Beta, Epic! Jiggle and Swish! We’re not asking for Dead or Alive here, just enough to work with that doesn’t require multiple physics tutorials to work. Kind of essential for my music videos.

As a side note, my way around the “barefoot” issue is to put them in flip-flops, and then delete the feet in the BP editor once downloaded. The actual feet stay there, but the flip-flops go away without any consequences I can tell. Good luck!

THIS comment! thanks tim sweeney… so annoy

I too have encountered all the problems you described above. Also, I want to add about a bug - in version 5.1 when filling the scene with objects - they constantly disappear, I restart the map to solve the problem.

Now I will use 5.0.3 to create MetaHuman with face scan

It would be really nice if this plugin was updated. I used the metahuman crowd system from the matrix city template and really wanted them to work in the 5.1 upgraded version of a project I’m about to ship. Reason for the upgrade was because it’s VR focused and I really wanted lumen and nanite to be involved.

I jumped to the conclusion that the new release code for sharing Metahumans and DNA Calibration last week was meant to partner with UE5.1. I was totally wrong. … I’m really surprised there’s no MH plugin in UE5.1. I’m confused how they can call this a general release without updated plugin. For me, the mesh-to-metahumans workflow is pretty essential, and I can’t work in UE5.1 until the plugin is available. I’m still shocked. So disappointed.

I’m shocked it has been more than three weeks since the first post about this issue with Metahuman Plugin and still no update and not even someone from Epic chiming in to give some guidance.

I am starting to get some bad feelings about the 5.1 release :confused: I have started a project and can’t really go back, but have to contine using 5.0 for things that should be in 5.1 … losing faith here.

I don’t know if it will help you, but I created a fully customized Metahuman with the plugin in 5.03 and I opened the project in 5.1 and obviously it tells me that the Metahuman plugin is missing but I simply ignore it because since I have the Metahuman downloaded in the project it doesn’t I need the plugin, obviously if I have to create a custom metahuman I will do it in 5.03 I will download it and then I will open it in 5.1. Until the plugin comes out in 5.1 I think it can be used this way.

3 Likes

Sadly for now, making a separate project just for metahuman plugin, and then migrating metahumans to 5.1 projects is the only way to make it work.

You can migrate them and disable groom plugin to use 5.1 and wait for MH plugin. I’m just doing other things until the plugin drops. Worth it for nanite foliage.

This is the first time Epic is removing content from an older version in the newest release. What has happened?
Did they talk about it somewhere?