MetaHuman

I encountered the following error and am unsure how to proceed.

■Error
The ‘MetaHuman’ plugin failed to load because the ‘MetaHumanMeshTracker’ module could not be loaded. This may be due to an operating system error or the module might not be properly set up.

■Actions Taken
・Installed the MetaHuman plugin from the Marketplace.

■Unable to Execute
・Unable to install the MetaHuman plugin from Unreal Engine.
→ Upon attempting to activate the plugin and restarting, the aforementioned error is displayed.

Can you provide any guidance on this issue?

1 Like

Hey there @han_taku! Welcome to the community! May I ask, what version of Unreal are your receiving this error? May I also know your specs? Is this error the only one that appears? If not, may we see the whole log file?

Regarding your questions, here’s the information you requested:

■ Version:
The error is occurring in Unreal version 5.2.0.

■ Specs:
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 22H2
Installed RAM: 8.00GB

■ Other Errors:
When trying to open the project, I encounter the following error:

"The ‘MetaHuman’ plugin failed to load because the ‘MetaHumanMeshTracker’ module could not be loaded. This may be due to an operating system error or the module might not be properly set up.

Clicking on “OK” below will force terminate the project.

■Error Message

■MetaHuman Plugin is installed

Unable to install the MetaHuman plugin from Unreal Engine.

Even if you check the checkbox, the following error still occurs.

“The ‘MetaHuman’ plugin failed to load because the ‘MetaHumanMeshTracker’ module could not be loaded. This may be due to an operating system error or the module might not be properly set up.”

1 Like

@SupportiveEntity

I would appreciate it if you could confirm the above contents

No worries! I’m currently reinstalling 5.2 fresh (as my current build is a modified from source build and to replicate this I’d need to test it on a fresh instance), when that’s done my next move is to try to replicate this issue, and if I can we’ll have a proper report, if not I’ll know where I should probe more. I’m going to see where the plugin is introduced, if it needs an entry in the uproject file etc. I’ll let you know what my testing comes up with in a couple of hours!

Thank you very much.
I look forward to your reply.

Hrm, been unable to replicate the issue on my side at all. We’ll have to infer a couple of things. MetaHumanMeshTracker is a module that I believe is in the metahumans plugin package. There’s a couple of logical tracks I’d look into first. I’m guessing it’s likely referring to the C++ modules UE looks at to functionality at build time, though I’ve never seen them referenced in error before hand. Is your project just blueprints or also C++?

@SupportiveEntity

Upon checking, Blueprints or C++ are not included. Would it be better if I added them?

Not sure if it will assist, but it cannot hurt to try! There’s info on how to below the post. Could you take a look into the uplugin file (which is located wherever you placed Unreal’s installations) example: UnrealEngines\UE_5.2\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MetaHuman

Do you see this set up exactly like this inside the file?

"Name": "MetaHumanMeshTracker",
			"Type": "Runtime",
			"LoadingPhase": "PreDefault",
			"PlatformAllowList": [
				"Win64"

If not, we may need you to fully reinstall the plugin and wipe whatever is under this folder if it doesn’t clear it entirely during the uninstallation. If it is there, is the files DLL’s it needs to access in the \MetaHuman\Binaries\Win64 folder.

If it doesn’t currently have a C++ sln file, I don’t believe it requires it but it might be a good idea to go ahead and back up your project, then generate Visual Studio project files. The link below shows you how to do that, starting from “Adding code to projects” and go down:

Then, I have another question, do you have Visual studio and the Dotnet redistributable installed?

Hey @han_taku

I’ve seen several issues in Unreal with less than 16GB RAM and 8VRAM, maybe that’s your problem?

Here an example from Unreal (too much for me, but seems that’s the optimum)
Reference: Hardware and Software Specifications for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

Performance Notes

The spec below represents a typical system used at Epic (a Lenovo P620 Content Creation Workstation, standard version). This provides a reasonable guideline for developing games with Unreal Engine 5:

• Operating System: (2h22) • Power Supply: 1000W power supply unit • RAM: 128GB DDR4-3200 • Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3975WX Processor - 128MB Cache, 3.5 GHz base / 4.2 GHz turbo, 32 Cores / 64 Threads, 280w TDP • OS Drive 1 TB M.2 NVMe3 x4 PCI-e SSD • DATA Drive 4 TB Raid Array - 2 x 2TB NVMe3 x4 PCI-e SSD in Raid 0 • GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 - 10GB • NIC 1GBPS on-board + Intel X550-T1 10G PCI-e Ethernet adapter • TPM Compliant

@SupportiveEntity /@alejandrofriant

Thank you for your advice.
The specifications for Windows are as follows, but will it be difficult this time?

■ Specs:
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
Version: 22H2
Installed RAM: 8.00GB

3 Likes

Low RAM can definitely cause problems, but it shouldn’t cause missing modules like this.

After checking those files, was the module listed?

3 Likes

@SupportiveEntity
What does “that module” refer to?

Also, can I use the MetaHuman plugin on a mac via parallels

1 Like

The module “MetaHumanMeshTracker” specifically.

I don’t have any available information on that one, sorry.

1 Like

Ah finally someone else having the same issue as me…

Have you found a solution yet… I managed to get more details from the logs found under the [project name]/saved/logs folder :

[2023.08.29-15.22.19:982][  0]LogWindows: Failed to load 'D:/Unreal/UE_5.2/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/MetaHuman/Binaries/Win64/UnrealEditor-MetaHumanMeshTracker.dll' (GetLastError=1114)
[2023.08.29-15.22.19:983][  0]LogWindows:   Missing import: MSVCP140_ATOMIC_WAIT.dll
[2023.08.29-15.22.19:983][  0]LogWindows:   Looked in: ../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64
[2023.08.29-15.22.19:983][  0]LogWindows:   Looked in: ../../../../Projects/MoCapTester/Binaries/Win64
[2023.08.29-15.22.19:983][  0]LogWindows:   Looked in: D:\Unreal\Projects\MoCapTester\Binaries\Win64
[2023.08.29-15.22.19:985][  0]LogWindows:   Looked in: D:\Unreal\UE_5.2\Engine\Binaries\Win64\LinuxArm64
[2023.08.29-15.22.19:985][  0]LogPluginManager: Error: Plugin 'MetaHuman' failed to load because module 'MetaHumanMeshTracker' could not be loaded.  There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.

So it looks to me like it cannot load MSVCP140_ATOMIC_WAIT.dll or one of it’s dependencies… as far as I know this is part of the VC++ redistributable so I tried reinstalling that but no luck so far.

Really desperate to get this sorted

1 Like

ive the same problem problem mate ,56 gb Ram and 12 gb vram (3060).Windows 10 .I hope with 5.3 will be another story

1 Like

Just tested this in 5.3 - still the same issue

1 Like