Metahuman plugin for Maya fails to load - looks like wrong version of Python

So this used to work, not sure when it broke but now I can’t get any version of the MSLiveLInk plugin to work. Tried removing and re-installing. Best I can tell, it’s trying to load a python 2 version of a library instead of ver 3 for some reason.

Quixel Bridge Plugin started successfully.
Found import data, importing…

RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.26.12) or chardet (3.0.4) doesn’t match a supported version!, at line 91, in “D:\Users<user folder>\Documents\Megascans Library\support\plugins\maya\7.1\MSLiveLink\Megascans\RequestLibrary\requests_init_.py”

Analytics Sent
Received data with DH Character descriptor. Initializing import!

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “D:\Users<user folder>\Documents\Megascans Library\support\plugins\maya\7.1\MSLiveLink\LiveLink.py”, line 124, in InitializeImporter

from DHI.DHIImporterSetup import DHIImporterSetup

File “D:\Users<user folder>\Documents\Megascans Library\support\plugins\maya\7.1\MSLiveLink\DHI\DHIImporterSetup.py”, line 3, in

from DHI.characterConfig import CharacterConfig

File “D:\Users<user folder>\Documents\Megascans Library\support\plugins\maya\7.1\MSLiveLink\DHI\characterConfig.py”, line 4, in

import dna

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘dna’

turns out the problem was 2-fold. One, was trying to use in on 2024 which isn’t officially supported. On maya 2022 it still failed to load. Tracked down the issue to _load_required_plugins in DHIPluginLoader. Changed
try:
from modules.maya.util import MayaUtil
from modules.file.handler import FileHandler
from modules.maya.about import AboutEnv
import platform
platform = _resolve_platform()

to

try:
from DHI.modules.maya.util import MayaUtil
from DHI.modules.file.handler import FileHandler
from DHI.modules.maya.about import AboutEnv
import platform
platform = _resolve_platform()

This got it working in maya 2022.

in 2024 I hit a wall with compiled python, so there’s nothing I can do there until Unreal officially supports Maya 2024

1 Like

Can someone from Epic/Quixel give an ETA for Maya 2024 support pls.

5 Likes

agreed, maya 2024 please Epic?

5 Likes

Developers from epic please pay attention to Maya 2024. It’s one of the best versions of maya for animators at the moment and we just need metahuman support. Please make a loud announcement if it finally comes out. I practice with metahumans all the time and found out about Maya 2023 support purely by accident in a conversation half a year after the update.

5 Likes

maya 2024 is the best version ever. make support asap. plz.metahuman.quixel,epic.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard any updated information? Mid January and Id like to use the Unreal Engine Maya plugins in 2024 :frowning:
Recompile pleeeaasse
Or release source so we can compile ourselves :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I would like to know if there is any news about this on their end.

1 Like

epic please. We need Metahuman support for Maya 2024. It’s 2024 out of the window!