MetaHuman Hair/Groom Cut off/disappearing? I'm really confused now

Hello,
I’m trying to render MetaHumans and I’m using several Console Variables from this article about rendering Grooms in MRQ. :point_down:

I found out that if I use r.HairStrands.Visibility.PPLL 1… the hair quality is much better, but for some reason, the hair at the bottom of the image is cut off. If I move the MetaHuman higher, the hair renders. If I move the MetaHuman lower, even more hair gets cut off. It looks like the hair is being cut off by some invisible plane… If I use r.HairStrands.Visibility.PPLL 0… The hair renders without any issues. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

I am using UE 5.2.1

The bottom of hair is cut off :point_down:

If I place MetaHuman a little bit higher, hair is rendered.

MRQ CV

Screen recording of what happens when I use r.HairStrands.Visibility.PPLL 1 in the Unreal editor. :point_down:

1 Like

i got same problem. Did you found solution?

@Unreal_Artist_001 @Bucz.co

Still have no idea what exactly causes this (besides the fact that it only occurs with PPLL on) and if this is a bug but I’ve found a workaround - increasing Screen Percentage increases the area where groom will be rendered resolving the issue.

Note that when you view your groom in the viewport viewport, the Screen Percentage is kind of decreased depending on the size of your viewport (e.g. if your viewport takes 50% of your screen then it’s Screen Percentage is 50%) - so the issue might not occur on render as it’s will be using 100% SP. Or if issue does occur on render then solving it for render will require less SP setting than you would need to solve it for viewport too.