Metahuman face PHYS asset losing edits upon BP Compile

Summary

Metahuman physics asset reverting to default state upon compiling BP or entering PIE.

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Simulation

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Assemble a metahuman with long hairstyle, so the hair collision will be visible, and drop the resulting metahuman in the level;
  2. Open the metahuman PHYS_face physics asset(you can make a copy and point to it so it’s in ‘/Game’ if you’d like to be thorough, but it doesn’t matter);
  3. In the Skeleton Tree on the left side, select ‘head’;
  4. In the Details tab on the right side, under ‘Body setup’-> ‘Primitives’ you’ll find the capsules and spheres that are ‘describing’ the collision shape for the head;
  5. Under ‘spheres’, index 4 and 5 are R and L ears, pick any or both and set ‘Collision enabled’ parameter to ‘Collision enabled’;
  6. Move the sphere in a way that let’s you see how the collision is affecting the hair in the level viewport;
  7. Save the PHYS_face physics asset;
  8. Compile the BP or enter PIE;

Expected Result

I expected the tweaks of the PHYS_face asset to have an effect, resulting in working collision with the way I’ve setup the collision shapes.

Observed Result

It’s as if the PHYS_face reverts to default state, however the tweaks seem to be saved successfully. If I try to tweak the shapes further, I can see the effects live in the level viewport, until I compile or enter PIE, that’s when it breaks.

Affects Versions

5.8

Platform(s)

Windows

2 Likes