metahuman animator does not support Iphone15 series

Hi, we’re sorry to hear that you’ve been having problems importing data from your iPhone 15.

This is a known issue that can occur if you switch from ‘Live Link (ARKit)’ mode to ‘MetaHuman Animator’ mode within the same application session on the iPhone. To avoid this occurring again please make sure that the application is always started in ‘MetaHuman Animator’ mode. You will need to quit the application using the multi-tasking view in order to ensure a fresh start in ‘MetaHuman Animator’ mode.

However it is possible to repair the affected data after the fact by processing the mov file within each take folder using ffmpeg on the command line.

The following command will extract a single audio channel from the original mov file and create a new mov file with a mono audio track which should be suitable for import via the Capture Manager. Note you will need to transfer the data manually to a PC and use a ‘LiveLinkFace Archives’ capture source type in Unreal Engine.

The following command will result in a reduced bit rate for the audio track, but video data should be unaffected.

ffmpeg -i inputFile.mov -codec:v copy -af "pan=mono|FC=c2" -ab 192k outputFile.mov

You will need to replace inputFile.mov and outputFile.mov with appropriate names for your take data. You should rename the original mov file prior to running this command in case of errors.

In order for the take to be imported correctly via the Capture Manager the outputFile.mov file name will need to match that of the original file exactly. E.g. For a mov file named MySlate_1_iPhone.mov the command should look like this (assuming that you first rename the file to MySlate_1_iPhone_Backup.mov):

ffmpeg -i MySlate_1_iPhone_Backup.mov -codec:v copy -af "pan=mono|FC=c2" -ab 192k MySlate_1_iPhone.mov

I hope this helps,

Robert.

2 Likes