Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

ok Thx, that would save me a lot of work.
@ Admin Sorry for the last post, I had a beer too much…

Hey When is the Bevel tool coming, soon I hope @

@JimPhoenix You can comment out line 642 to 662 of MTStaticMeshBuild.cpp (“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MeshTool\Source\MeshToolRuntime\Private\MTMesh\MTStaticMeshBuild.cpp”), and rebuild the plugin to get rid of the warning.
I’ll include proper fix in future update.

@jojo8026 soon I hope too :slight_smile:

@ okey, thanks, I will try out this at tonight. :slight_smile:

@mapicted

To make Mesh Tool works in RoboRecall, you can do the following steps:

1. Download Mesh Tool v1.1.1 for Unral Engine 4.16 from marketplace

2. Copy MeshTool folder (C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MeshTool) into “RoboRecallModKit\RoboRecall\Plugins” folder

3. Download “robo-patch” patch file,

copy it to c:, then go to “RoboRecallModKit\RoboRecall\Plugins\MeshTool” folder, run git to apply patch

git init && git add . && git commit -m"First Commit" && git apply < "c:\robo-patch"

1. Launch RoboRecall and rebuild MeshTool when asked to do so

ok Thanks.
Do you mean that Programm ?
I try it with rigth mouse click in and “Git Bash Here”

I have everything installed on e/, I copied robo-patch to e/ and I tried it with:

git init && git add . && git commit -m"First Commit" && git apply < “e:\robo-patch”

if I click rebuild than comes this message : RoboRecall could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

if I copy the patch to c it does not work either.

@mapicted In “RoboRecallModKit\RoboRecall\Plugins\MeshTool\Source” folder, delete the “MeshTool” folder if exist. (there should be 3 folders left: “MeshToolEditor”, “MeshToolRuntime”, “ThirdParty”)

Then try launch ReboRecall and click rebuild when dialog popup. Hope that fix the issue.

still does not work, if it works for you, can you please send me the folder?
[EMAIL=“”]

I would be very grateful, I build a map with a lot of terrain, so I would not have to import every single stone and terrain patch[EMAIL=“”].

The Ability to make curved surfaces like arch ways and stuff would be really awesome @

@ Being able to make arch ways and curved surfaces would be awesome as well

You have some amazing Unreal Tools! Do you have a tool to create bones for a vehicle? Trying to do that in Maya or Blender takes forever, even if you can get it to work.

Epic is working on the Control Rig plugin which should allow in editor rigging :slight_smile:

Sorry that I dont currently have tool like that.

Spline Loft can be used to make curve surfaces (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZMgXrHoko). But I would say the ux of the Spline Loft tool is not quite there yet. I’ll add some Spline helper tools to make it easier to create splines and make meshes from splines.

Hey there @,

if I want to make a DebugGame build from my project the packaging tool writes this to my log and drop me a lazy “BUILD FAILED” red message at the end:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   Module.MeshToolRuntime.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   f:\unreal engine 4\project-rpg\mvp\ue4-repo\gamemodes\plugins\meshtool\source	hirdparty\eigen3\eigen\eigen\src\core\plainobjectbase.h(45) : error C4723: potential divide by 0
Error executing C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64\cl.exe (tool returned code: 2)

I’m on 4.18.3. Any suggestions?

@JimPhoenix You can open “MeshTool\Source\MeshToolRuntime\Private\Adapters\LibiglAdapter.cpp”, add “#pragma warning(disable:4723)” before “#pragma warning(disable:4996)”, like this:

#pragma warning(push)
  #pragma warning(disable:4723) // add this line
  #pragma warning(disable:4996)

I got similar report on DebugGame build trigger this particular error, but can’t actually reproduced on my side. It’s basically a compiler warning treated as error. I’ll include the fix in next update.

Oki-doki, got it, thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m having issues with editing merged meshes. When I delete a face on the mesh it removes materials on parts of the mesh. Editing the meshes before merging them seems to work though

I’m submitting 1.1.2 update to marketplace which should fix a regression bug when deleting face sometimes lead to material lost. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Hey @ is the bevel tool coming in an upcoming update?

The plan is to have bevel in 1.1.3 update.

1.1.2 update is live on itch.io, marketplace update is still waiting to be processed.