Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

@jojo8026 Sorry that I still can’t reproduce the issue. Here’s a test I did:

Left is the cube created by Mesh Tool, Right is the default cube I dragged in.

Well I don’t know what to do then

Hey is there any way I can fix this?

@jojo8026 Is it possible for you to send me a test project contains only the problematic mesh so I can take a look? Thanks! I double check the code on mesh creation and could not find what might go wrong.

I just created a new project and started over and everything seems to be working fine now, Is Sub Division coming soon in the next update.

Hello sir,
sir I am facing problem with insert edge loop when I am going to insert more then 2 it is hanging and slowing my computer and unreal engine 4 please help me? sorry I am unable to give you screen shot? I am using i7 processor with AMD fire pro w7100 8gb graphic card

@Azmath Sorry for the issue you encountered. The insert edge loop tool not doing well if there’re un-merged overlapped vertices, you can try use “Weld All” first and try again. If there’s still problem, you can send me the mesh, it might be a bug somewhere.

@jojo8026 yes, OpenSubDiv will be in next update as an experimental feature (hopefully next week)

YAY :smiley: So can I now use tessellated materials on the meshes I create then?

I’m not familiar with tessellated materials,what’s the requirement to apply a tessellated materials to a mesh?

Tessellation

Tessellation on a mesh just needs to have a good density of tris to work with, so having sub-d work with meshes will help tessellation.

Tessellation has nothing to do with meshtool, you’ve always been able to use tessellated materials on meshes you create/edit with the plugin

When is the update coming?

Hello sir,
I received your update but could not find Draw polygon option and opensubdiv after update? please help me

I a

I am having the same issue, Love the new UI though :smiley:

@ it is here.

@Azmath @jojo8026 Yes the Draw Polygon tool are now moved to new Mesh Tool menu along with new OpeSubdiv/Mesh Boolean/Mesh CleanUp tools. Will post the change log soon.

Mesh Tool 1.1.0 update is now live on both Marketplace and itch.io

------------------
New UI
Add Quick Select/Transform option bar 
Add Mesh Cleanup Tool
Add Experimental OpenSubdiv Tool 
Add Experimental Mesh Boolean Tool (unstable) 
Add Poly Inset 
Refactor Draw Polygon into tool menu 
Fix potential Assign Material causing editor crash due to a pointer not been dereferenced properly 
Fix Display Backface Vertex not working properly 
Fix potential Vertex Snapping crash when Vertex Snap Ignore Backfaces option on 
Major code refactoring, move core mesh editing logic into new MeshToolRuntime module​

Hello sir,
I am facing crash problem after using Mesh Boolean please help me?