Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

I think I’m missing something very simple, but when I edit static mesh the collision meshes are left old?

@

Any chance to get some sort of cable tool? (perhaps laying splines and then generating cables based on those splines)

You can use “Set Use Complex As Simple” button in Object panel as a shortcut to set up mesh collision:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/3735467/31190209-09550a9c-a96d-11e7-948a-c224c6360ec2.png

Before:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/3735467/31190068-a310b754-a96c-11e7-834e-11fcebb43d18.png

After:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/3735467/31190237-1fd2c76e-a96d-11e7-902d-171bbb719cfe.png

Interesting idea, I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for suggesting.

There’s a lot of options on the marketplace for cable generation, I dunno if this tool is really the place for it

That would be Amazing. I love how simple it is to edit UV’s with this tool. It would be cool to Unwrap, and than export to Substance, and reimport to create some cool materials.

:confused:

Yeah there is a place for it in this tool - all useful tools in one package. By the same token why have modeling tool in UE4 when there are plenty 3D modeling packages outside of UE4 :rolleyes:

Ugh, don’t start that argument up again

I’d rather do modeling in engine then spend 4 years learning how to use complicated 3d packages

Hey stop. Stop stop stop

Mesh Tool 1.0.8 update is now live on Unreal Marketplace. (It actually go live 3 days ago, I forgot to mention it here, my bad)

Mesh Tool 1.0.9 update is now live on itch.io. Marketplace version submitted.

1.0.9 change log

------------------
* Add UV viewport display
* Add new Mesh Tool toolbar icon; Now invoke Spline Loft from toolbar
* Now can Spline Loft into new static mesh
* Add Align UV to UV Grids
* Add Clamp UV
* Now can choose which UV channel to edit
* Now can save generated lightmap UV into rawmesh
* Fix Delete Faces/Detach Faces/Assign Material might cause material shift
* Fix Vertex Snapping not turn off after exiting Slab Transform

Mesh Tool 1.0.9 update is now live on Unreal Marketplace. Kudos to marketplace team as 1.0.8 update took exactly 1 month, 1.0.9 took only 1 day, that’s some impressive improvement.

Is this a cable tool? Could you please make a short video/gif to show how to use it ?

@motorsep , it’s not cable tool but a tool mostly for generating curve surface between spline actors:

Blender is free and more powerful. Why pay $50?

Everyone has their reasons for getting Mesh Tool to model inside UE4… No one forces you to buy it.

Request: could the blue highlight go away when you’re in game mode? Like the UE4 orange selection effect? All the editor stuff is a pain when you’re texture editing.

Also, am I crazy or is it not possible to deselect faces once you select them without deselecting every face?

Also, it seems like the multi-select button, which is currently shift, should be ctrl, since that’s the unreal standard

Hey , I have a huge request, for either inclusion in Mesh Tool, or a separate tool. Ive been running into the issue lately with not being able to quickly combine separate meshes UVs together into an atlas map, and have the original meshes use the new UV coordinates. Is there any chance that you would be able to make something like this? I think it would be immensely useful for people who need to optimize their scene with using less textures, and more atlas maps.

Hi , you can hold “Alt” key while clicking to to de-select face from multi-selected faces; Another trick is hold “Ctrl + Alt” to drag a selection box then let go of “Alt” key to de-select multiple faces from existing selection.

Technically unreal is also using “Shift” key for multi-select, and use “Ctrl” key for multi-select + toggle single select. I’ll add “Ctrl” as multi-select key too in next update. Thanks!

You mean you saw the blue selection highlight in game (PIE) mode? I haven’t noticed that myself but I’ll investigate.
In 4.15 and 4.16, you can go to Display Options - Face - Face Selected Color, set the color’s alpha to 0 to disable the selection highlight, but it turns out that’s broken in 4.17, I’ll dig more to see what has changed in 4.17. Thanks for bring that up!

Nah, not PIE - game mode, as in, press G in the viewport and all the hidden-in-game actors etc toggle off.