Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

i want to use it in a architecture visualization interactive application , and want to let my customer edit walls and … ,

Ahh makes sense. Yeah, probuilder uses their own stuff and is not a direct mesh editing tool. In fact if you want to edit an existing mesh you have to “Probuilderize” it haha. So they are doing something obviously along the lines of what you discussed. Well, hope you can find some kind of cool solution to that but obviously not necessary. Just would be neat. =D

Will you have a UV Mapper window eventually so we can customize the UV’s on mesh’s rather than just simple mappings?

How about the UP Mapping, any progressing coming on?

@Wolfen
@Grinvon

I’m working on visualizing mesh uv in viewport currently, and the plan is to evolve it into a new uv editor window. :slight_smile:

That is fantastic! I assume eventually it can render the texture in the UV window as well?

Will you be posting here when this goes on sale at some point in the future :slight_smile: Right now I cannot afford it as I’m on a budget but I’m hoping it goes on sale soon like for Black Friday or something :slight_smile:

Also Is Subdivision Coming Soon?

Good Evening, I just purchased the mesh tool and would like to know if there is a way to subdivide a face in half, or 4ths
Thank You

Yes, you should be able to specific texture to preview in UV window. (Here shows the in-viewport UV visualization)

Sure, I’ll post here if Mesh Tool will join any sales event in the future.

I plan to implement subdivision feature in 1.10 update. For now you can use “Insert Edge Loop” in “Edge” category to **connect **2 edges (which will subdivide faces in-between).

​​​​​​​

Hi ,

Just found your tool the other day while contemplating whether or not I should move my project up to the latest version of UE or not. After messing with it for a few minutes I started the ol’ upgrade train.

This thing plugs a huge hole in my workflow and is really really easy to use. Thanks for your hard work! :smiley:

Hi @Vormulac, so it’s Mesh Tool that convinced you to upgrade UE4 to latest version? Well that really put smiles on my face all day :slight_smile: And thanks a lot for your support!

Mesh Tool 1.0.8 update is live now on Unreal Marketplace.

Sorry that I took one month (update submitted on Aug. 24) for the update got reviewed and published, hopefully the slow update process will getting better from now on since according to marketplace team that it’s something they’re looking into.

Was definitely a big part of it. Good in editor level prototyping tools were a bit lacking so I didn’t see a need to upgrade. Your mesh tool definitely helps out a lot in that area so I figured it was time :smiley:

I might have some usability/tool feedback for you after I’ve played with it a bit more. Just want to make sure I’m not missing any controls, options, or tools before I submit it.

any news for runtime version ?

Hi, thanks for the great tools!
In which version is the UV viewport maping included?

Any news on that Bevel Feature?

Currently there’s still no near future plan for a runtime version. As the official EditableMesh runtime (hopefully in 4.19 or 4.20) is coming, it should be relative easy to add runtime mesh editing functionality upon it.

Thanks. It’ll be in 1.0.9 which will be ready in day or two.

Ah, Bevel! I’m afraid it’s still WIP. I had several failed attempts but haven’t got results I satisfy.

are you a perfectionist by any chance?

When i UV map an object with Mesh Tool, and export that object and take it into Substance Painter, it’s just a big fail… There’s about a million tiny little squares, and when u paint on any surface, the whole mesh gets painted. Can you look into that, maybe? cause i’d like to UV map with mesh tools, export to substance painter and paint the object. Maybe some Unwrapping and Packing? idk.

@jojo8026 , I wish I’m a perfectionist :slight_smile: But it’s in fact more of me been lack of experiences as I thought writing my own bevel algorithm from scratch should be piece of cake, and I was so wrong.

@gotgrassct , the current UV map tool of Mesh Tool is mostly for applying tiled texture to meshes, the UV generated is not confined in 0-1 space. I would suspect that’s why Substance Painter don’t like it as it probably expecting the UV been in 0-1 box.
. I plan to add LSCM unwrapping tool to generate and pack UV in 0-1 space in future updates.