First im new to Unreal and Blender. Its my first time using a game engine and 3D modeling software. And please excuse my bad english ^^
I’ve created a raw cabin shaped model in Blender and imported it into Unreal to test lighting and if everything “is working”. I noticed that shadow shape my objects creates is correct but some details are completely wrong. On the first picture you can see one corner. It looks like the shadow is “bleeding”. On the second picture you can see the corner under the roof. I dont know how to describe it but you should see it especially the dark line on the top mid. (Picture 3 gets mentioned later its something different!)
What I tried:
As I said before Im a beginner but there are still some few things I tried:
- Increasing the ‘Light Map Resolution’; Increasing the Resolution of the object and the ground doesnt help. Both are set up to values above 1024. Increasing the number doesnt have an effect.
- Creating own Lightmap UVs in Blender and exporting them to UE; This gives me completely wrong shadows. Faces that facing the sun have ‘spotted’ shadows which doesnt make sense. Im currently using the Unreal generated Lightmap UVs which are working way better but still having issues mentioned above.
- Recreating UVs/using higher or lower ‘Island Margin’ values; Doesnt have an effect. Im currently using ‘Smart UV Project’-UVs with the default settings but an ‘Island Margin’ of 0.1.
- Remodeling, reimporting, restarting, reinstalling; Nothing works. I recreated my model multiple times and even using the rough shape like I do at the moment has the issues. I even reinstalled UE three times and even tried other versions (4.26.2, 4.27.1, 4.27.2).
- Changing ‘Shadow Bias’ value; Doesnt have an effect.
- Using movable light; Yes this indeed fixes my issues but leads to another problem. The shadow distance is too low for my “game”. When Im using my more detailed model shadows the model throws on itself are disappearing. Increasing ‘Dynamic Shadow Distance’ makes it worse. There are some threads like this that having the same issues but most of them found fixes. These arent working for me. In my game 99% of the shadow will be static thats why I want to use baked lighting.
Help I got:
I’ve got some help from experienced people on Discord. They suggested these possible solutions and probably some few more I forgot. Nothing worked. If you got another solution please tell me^^
I will link my .fbx and the mentioned pictures. Thanks to anyone helping^^