Memory increased after 42.10

Summary

After 42.10, memory in my island increase by around 8k, without adding/changing actors.
In the memory calculation results, “Fortnite Asset” went up by around 8k.

Before 42.10:
Resource,Type,# Actor Refs,# Package Refs,Size
_Verse,Verse,302,1,10798
Assets,Verse,2,1,8485
Fortnite Asset,Verse,1,1,6417

After 42.10:
Resource,Type,# Actor Refs,# Package Refs,Size
Fortnite Asset,Verse,1,1,14770
_Verse,Verse,293,1,10791
Assets,Verse,2,1,8485

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Memory Calculation

Steps to Reproduce

Launch memory calculation

Expected Result

Memory doesn’t increase

Observed Result

Memory increased

Platform(s)

windows

Island Code

1316-2698-6957

2 Likes

After some testing, the issue is caused by referencing the custom weapon entities in Verse. Meaning that any Verse function referencing or adding a custom weapon entity can cause a massive jump in memory. This is a critical issue and needs to be addressed ASAP, if possible!

1 Like

Experiencing this as well, 10k memory jump.

experiencing this as well and just created my own thread before seeing this! I’ll upvote here as well.

My project is having the same issue. Memory jumped by about 8300 units.

I’m facing the same issue, and I have no custom weapons. I am referencing SG weapons.

Same amount: 8k, and it knocked me over by 7k.

same here

Removed the fortnite weapons (api stuff) memory went down. It also increased by like 8-10k memory after 42.10 without chaning/adding new stuff

I Also have this issue with custom weapons. Had to remove substantial content from map to bring memory in line.

Thanks for flagging. We posted this to the known issues thread:

We are investigating reports of increased island memory usage following the 42.10 update. We will let you know when we have more information.

3 Likes

I can confirm that this is indeed happening, it seems to be related to exposing all of the Creative inventory items/weapons. The memory spike for me specifically occurs when exposing this in a project. I have also seen a dramatic increase in out of memory rendering crashes on top of it, it is making development extremely difficult right now.

FORT-1149228 has been ‘Closed’ as a duplicate of an existing known issue.