Memeory Calculation Stuck at 0 percent.

i start my memory calculation in my project and it either never starts and just says 0% in top left like this

Or it will start and then get stuck after the first few teleports regardless of where it decides to start like its waiting for the memory meter to keep filling up.

My project is well within budget in every section of the map

Any tips or things i should check for?

@Jeremy_Choud we’re aware of this issue and are investigating. Thanks for your patience!

Not sure if this is any help but clicking exit session in engine and leaving the client open seems to get the memory calculation going and then clicking launch session again seems to count anything that happened while the session was disconnected as completed.

we’ll see if it actually counts when it gets to 100%. This could be an issue and a bypass to the memory limit too potentially the test seems to go wayyyy faster like it’s not actually testing anything when the session is disconnected.

Just finished up. So, if you exit session after the calculation starts, the client will actually run it without getting stuck and when it finishes if you launch session again it will count as complete.

What is the value you’re seeing? I’ve seen 0 when trying some similar flows.

Also, could you DM me your zipped project?

when i reconnect while running the memory calculation it updates the progress accordingly.

Do you want the logs or the whole project?

The whole project would be great.

Building HLODs atm i will send it over when it finishes

I have the same issue, in smaller project with 20k memory all is good. With 40k project and a bit bigger map it gets stuck somehow.

Exiting session in unreal seems to unstack the client but then calculation doesn’t complete obv as editor is disconnected.

https://create.fortnite.com/ is down for me, could it be related?

Found the reason, it was one asset: https://twitter.com/kamyker/status/1661154147373293568

1 Like

I indeed have that on my map as well. Although i’m wondering why exiting session after starting the memory calculation works.

If i hit exit session let the calculation run and then launch session it accepts it as a valid test.