Media Texture is not working on UNREAL ENGINE 4.13

Good evening. I am a beginner in UR4 and would like to put a video with a skip button before the menu of my game. I try to follow some tutorials, but the media texture turns black and does not appear in my blueprint widget. But if I open my MediaPlayer and run my video without closing this file the texture plays the video. But if you close the playback the texture will turn black again. Can someone help me?

The error - YouTube

![alt text] [1]
import assets cinematics_video and cinematics_audio

![alt text] [2]
right button → media → media player

open file MediaPlayer and run cinematics_video

create texture and widget to texture_video

Media texture turns black and does not appear on my blueprint widget. But if I open my MediaPlayer and run my video without closing this file the texture plays the video. But if you close the playback the texture will turn black again.

Hi Tognere,

You need to also create a Media Playlist and put assign the created Media source in there so that it plays. You can then use the Widget’s Graph to play/pause/etc like you would previously.

-Tim

What’s missing here is that you need to actually open a media source in your Blueprint script. MediaPlayers no longer store a media source to play, and they no longer auto-play. The How-To has a basic example on how to do this from BeginPlay. You probably want to add the OpenSource node in your widget Blueprint instead.

Playlist is not required. What’s missing is the Blueprint that opens the media source at runtime.

Thank you friends for helping me. I was able to reproduce through the blueprint. I do not know if it was the best way but it worked … thank you very much.

This is the correct solution :slight_smile: