Media Player not working for Oculus Quest

I can’t get the Media Player to work for Oculus Quest at all.

What I have:

• A simple blueprint spawned in the scene with a audio component and a plane, and a material combining a video mask and a video source together. (This material works fine in the Quest).
  • A greyscale video matching another video source used for masking
  • A normal video

I’ve tried a bunch of different formats:

• AVI
  • MP4
  • MPEG
  • 3GP
  • MOV
  • FLV
  • M4V
  • WEBM
  • MTS
  • but none of them yields a working result. The Media players just do not start playing.

We use UE 4.22.
All the video sources are withing the Content folder of the project.

This project works fine for PC with .MOV file formats.

All other components but the Media Players work in the Quest. It might also be the Render Texture, but its really hard to test.

Is there a fix for this? Or perhaps

I have the same problem, have you found any solution yet?

We have the same problem! :frowning:

Any new info? Still not working for me.

Would be great to get some info on this showstopper.

I’m using 360 video player on Quest on several projects. The movies need to be in Content/Movies (otherwise won’t get packaged), we’re using .mp4 with H.264 and H.265 encoding. The Unreal movie asset referencing them needs to be relative. You also want to tick ‘full precision on mobile’ in Material editor for the final material, otherwise you’ll get pixelation.

We are also having issue getting .MP3 files with H.263 encoding to play on the Quest. It works fine in the Unreal editor, launcher, but once it’s built it will not play. I’ve tried including the video files as suggested, in the movies folder but we still keep getting unreliable builds, meaning it may or may not play video on the Quest and this is confusing. Anyone find out anything interesting?

You need to make sure that the video source files are in the same folder as the FileMediaSource. If you open one of your videos in Unreal, you may notice a little “!” warning icon near the field “File Path”, which means the video file will not get packaged because of the file location.