Media Player not saving video reference

Good Morning Everyone,

I’m encountering an issue where my Media Players aren’t saving correctly. When I create one and point it to the intended video file everything appears to link up correctly. However, after I save and close that Media Players tab and reopen it I find that it is no longer pointing to the video clip. If I have multiple Media Players pointing to different video files and they are still opened then they all reference the intended clips. Closing the tabs and reopening them results in them all acting as if they are waiting for you to pick a clip. This doesn’t seem correct to me. This is happening in 4.24. Videos are mp4’s encoded in DaVinci Resolve at 1920x1080 at 30fps.

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff

Not very helpful, but I’m having exactly the same problem.

same issue as well, any workarounds ?

Same issue.

Any fixes, hints, comments from staff…?

I’m having this problem too in UE4.26.1. Really need two independently controllable video streams in the project I’m working on. Any more information on how to make this work?

Update: I’ve think I’ve worked out where I was going wrong. Because of the way the MediaPlayer panel shows videos and playlist assets, and a tab showing a current list of media sources, I was assuming that each Media Player asset could be configured to playback specified videos or playlists at the asset level. Media Player assets actually only store settings for things like whether they play on open or loop, not a list of videos they play. The files they playback have to be set during gameplay using Blueprint using the ‘Open Source’ or ‘Open Playlist’ nodes.