MAYA - Face board controls don't trigger Blend Shapes - RL4 Node bsOutput

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Character

Summary

I’ve been developing a custom metahuman in Maya 2023 using Metapipe. I open up an existing Maya file that contains the (working) metahuman and save a new version. Even without making any changes to the file, just saving as a new version, the blend shapes do not get activated by the face board controls in the new version.

Steps to Reproduce

Save new version of Maya file with Metahuman, reopen new instance of new file.

Expected Result

Blend shapes to correctly activate in response to faceboard controls in version save.

Observed Result

I’ve tracked the disconnect down to the embeddedNodeRL4 node. All of the inputs and outputs are still connected in the node editor, and the path to the DNA file is correct. The metahuman’s face joints translate correctly, it’s just the ‘Bs Outputs’ attributes that are not activating in the RL4 node.
Is there a way to reconnect the RL4 node’s inputs into its outputs? Is there an issue with a way that I am saving the file?

Platform(s)

Maya 2023

Additional Notes

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have animators in Maya that need the blend shapes to display properly so they can accurately match the performance reference.

Our lead TD found that having the DNA saved to a local drive, rather than a network drive, has helped with this issue. But after saving a few more iterations the connections between the RL4 node’s input’s and bsOptuputs broke again. We’d still be interested if there is any other advice or explanation as to why this error occurred.