Matinee and Oculus

Hi, I would really need some extra help with getting oculus control while a matinee is playing. Or just another way to animate a camera fly-by and still being able to look around using the rift.
I’ve read a couple of different posts about this and also looked at this A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

I’m very new to the Unreal Engine so i’m having a hard time finding what to do with this information.
The link above shows me this:

• Create a Blueprint that based on PlayerCameraManager.
  • In the Defaults tab, find “Follow Hmd Orientation” and set it to “true”.
  • Create a Blueprint that based on PlayerController.
  • In the Defaults tab, find Player Camera Manager Class and set it to your PlayerCameraManager Blueprint.
  • Create a Blueprint that based on GameMode.
  • In the Defaults tab, find Default Controller Class and set it to your PlayerController Blueprint.
  • Finally, under your levels World Settings, find GameMode Override and set it to your GameMode Blueprint.

Could we make this newbie friendly?

I have my world ready, all I need right now is a camera moving through the world automatically but still want to be able to look around using the Rift.

I’m trying to something similar. I want to be able to move a pawn using matinee but have the camera rotation updated so it naturally follows as if you were on a roller coaster.

If you’re not worried about camera rotation i found you can simply place the player in an invisible collision box and use matinee on that.

Take a look at the showdown demo, the camera is on a matinee rail.