Materials AO over powers decals AO

Apparently once i removed static lighting from my project in the settings i finally got AO working in my materials. New problem is that my decals take the AO from the mesh below them. Id prefer the decals use their own AO to over power whatever is below it… any way to do this?

Also looking for solution, any thing new?

i think the only thing i got back was an email saying they were able to reproduce the problem.

Okey, by the way have you tried to set AO Intensity as 0 in postprocess settings?

no because i want to use ao.

Obviously, AFAIK if SSAO is enabled the decal pass will be added before SSAO pass in the deferred shading pipeline, The order can’t be changed, may not have a function to mask SSAO either, maybe there should be another perspective.

well as i mentioned… they reproduced it and consider it a bug. The ao from the above should overwrite the below… just as it does with roughness and normals. At least thats what i took from them emailing me telling me they reproduced it… so who knows… its not the end of the world. But just something that may need to be addressed.

Hummm, In my opinion it’s more likely a ‘by design’ stuff, because even if DBuffer is turned on and it‘s able to get roughness and normals from GBuffer and write back to it when finished the decal pass, but not for AO, it’s not at that stage.
Anyway, I hope it will be easy for them to settle.