Material with more than 3 layers does not appear in the game.

I’ve tried everything, watched tutorials and it’s always the same, whenever I create 3 or more layers in material for landscape, the textures don’t appear in the game. What would I be doing wrong?

SM5 has a limit of 16 texture samples. For materials that require more each sampler source needs to be set to “shared: wrap”.

1 Like

Can you explain a little better about this? I have all the textures in the Source sample in shared: wrap. But even so, they don’t appear in the game. Does this refer to the number of textures used which I have 16 (color, normal, roughness, AO)? It’s also a repeat thing, how can you avoid this? Removing some textures like roughness and AO?

Once you hit the 16 unique textures you’ll want to start packing… texture channel packing. You should be doing this anyway if you’re thinking about publishing.

Here’s a decent thread on Texture Channel Packing.

There’s also Texture Atlas.

For your particular issue we’ll need to see your material setup.

1 Like

That’s right, I removed the AO and the textures appeared again. For those who have the same problem, to avoid using several separate textures that occupy the maximum allowed samples of 16, use one that contains in its channel red - AO texture, green - Roughness texture, blue - metallic texture. And that? Correct me if I’m wrong, it was something I had no idea about. There are many tutorials teaching how to packing textures: https://youtu.be/xd4D3evRJVc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.