Please excuse me if I lack the proper terminology, I’m extremely new to UE. Here’s the problem:
When I apply a material to a brush, and change the UV scaling settings, everything works fine. However, if I have, in some way, resized the brush, the material settings get reset once the viewport has refreshed.
To be more clear, let me explain the chain of events that occur.
- I spawn a brush, in this case, a cube.
- I scale it to 10 times its original size.
- I apply one of the default materials to it, and change the scaling. I set U to 2 instead of 1, and V to 2 instead of 1.
- Everything works.
- (Here’s where the problem comes in.) If I click on any other element, and then back to the material options, it says the U in the scaling options is 1, and V is 1, when I already set them to 2 in the previous step.
- If click on “build”, or if I move another brush, the scene refreshes, and the material resets to its original scale.
If I don’t edit the brush after I’ve spawned it, the material doesn’t change if I move another brush, or if I “build”. Although, every time that I check the material options, it’s always on the default scale of U = 1, V = 1.
I’m not sure why this is happening, but I assume that it’s not supposed to reset the values I’ve inputted.
Thanks for your help