Material Reflection/Roughness Flickering

Following the Intro to Level Creation tutorial, which is going nicely. Unfortunately I am encountering an issue with the starter content materials where the reflections flicker as I move the camera. After searching I have found a few other instances of this issue, which seemed to be resolved by deleting the skylight/reflection capture and rebuilding lighting/replacing. This has not worked for me. I have not changed any settings from the default. Anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this issue? I have included a video of the problem below.

EDIT: I’m not 100% sure but I believe the issue is with some of the starter content materials themselves. I brought in some of my own maps and made some custom materials that don’t seem to be exhibiting the same issue.

EDIT2: I was incorrect in my original edit. The problem seems to stem from an issue with screen space reflections. When SSR is disabled, the issue resolves. I am unsure as to what the root cause is. Additionally, anti-aliasing does not work in the viewport or in game, regardless of the setting. I am unsure if this is related to the SSR flickering issue.

SOLVED: The issue was caused by screen space reflections. The fix was to enable Temporal AA in the project settings.

Example

I’ve noticed this and also logged something on AH. All my levels look bizzarely bright, like I ramped up the specular and put 5 skylights in the scene, but I didn’t =)

Flickering metal is also common.

Why is no one else getting this?

I believe I have narrowed my problem to an issue with screen space reflections, as noted in my EDIT2 above.

The issue was found to be the result of having screen space reflections enabled. Enabling Temporal AA in the project settings fixed the issue.

Hi, interesting. But you don’t get this during play, right?

It was occurring during play and in the viewport. Not sure why, but enabling temporal AA seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks for this information!