Material Layers with Landscape Issue

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Summary

I had to remove some layers from the material I use for my landscape layer to fix the errors I was having (maximum PS_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded) and I replaced the reference with one of the existing layers I was using most in the material. Now, some portions of my map are blacked out that were painted with that layer and when I attempt to paint with it again in those areas, it remains black. But, that same layer works on other sections of my landscape just fine.

Steps to Reproduce

Have 1 more layer than allowed for a material. Remove the assets from the graph and its referenced Landscape Layer Info. When removing the Landscape Layer Info asset from the Content Browser, choose an existing layer in that material to Replace References with. Save the changes and exit the UEFN client. Restart the UEFN client and load that same project.

Expected Result

The referenced sections of the map that were painted with the layer deleted would be directly replaced with the layer that replaced the references.

Observed Result

Certain sections of the landscape which had reference of the layer deleted and existing layer that replaced the reference will show up completely black, even if those areas weren’t painted with the deleted layer, but did contain the existing layer that replaced the deleted layer’s references

Platform(s)

PC

Additional Notes

I would like to provide a picture of the map to display what I am seeing