Matchmaking portals don't show thumbnails

When I set up a matchmaking portal with a code it only shows a grey image ingame instead of the map render/thumbnail.

Same problem

1 Like

Same here

@TwitchHeavyblue Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

@Stevie-Moon Is there a solution for this that I’ve missed? I’m still experiencing this too. Thanks!

1 Like

@b3rtl3d We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

If your matchmaking portal is displaying a grey image instead of the expected map render or thumbnail, it could indicate an issue with the rendering or loading of the image. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the problem:

1. Verify the image path: Make sure that the image path or URL specified in your code is correct and points to the correct image file. Double-check any relative paths or URLs to ensure they are accurate.
  2. Check the image file: Ensure that the image file you are referencing exists and is accessible. Check its file format (e.g., JPEG, PNG) and make sure it is a valid image file. Test opening the image file separately to confirm it is not corrupted.
  3. Confirm image loading: If you are using a specific method or library to load and display the image, check the documentation or code implementation to ensure that the image loading process is correctly implemented. Make sure you are correctly handling any errors or exceptions that may occur during the image loading process.
  4. Verify image permissions: If the image is hosted on a server or accessed remotely, ensure that the necessary permissions are set correctly to allow the image to be loaded and displayed. Check if there are any access restrictions or authentication requirements in place that may prevent the image from being displayed.
  5. Check image dimensions: Ensure that the dimensions of the image are appropriate for the display area. If the image dimensions are too small or too large, it may not render properly or may appear as a solid color.
  6. Debugging and error checking: Implement error handling and logging mechanisms to capture any error messages or exceptions that may occur during the image loading or rendering process. This can help you identify the specific issue causing the grey image and provide more insights into the problem.

By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue causing the grey image to be displayed instead of the map render or thumbnail. If the problem persists, you may consider seeking further assistance from the specific library or framework you are using, as they may have additional resources or support to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I’m experiencing the same issue. The device appears properly when I add it to the island, but once I load the game I get the same issue as described above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.