Matchmaking not filling map with players

Summary

Hello everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with filling lobbies for my map. Even when there are a small number of players, I often end up in an empty lobby when I try to join them in a match.

I’ve included a matchmaking portal device, as I’ve seen in other maps, to help players find lobbies with others, but it doesn’t seem to work.

I’m not sure why new players always end up in a lobby all by themselves even when there are unfilled lobbies.

Is there something specific I need to do to ensure that all players looking to play my game are placed in the same lobby or server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Matchmaking

Steps to Reproduce

1. Join Rooftop Mayhem (9562-3807-4589) in a public lobby.
  2. Load into map.
  3. Player 2 join a public lobby for Rooftop Mayhem.
  4. Players 3 - 6 each join a public lobby for Rooftop Mayhem (not in a party).

Expected Result

The expected behavior is that all 6 players end up in the same match.

Observed Result

The actual result is that 6 separate lobbies are spawned and the 6 players who want to play the game never meet each other.

Platform(s)

Xbox and Windows PC

Island Code

9562-3807-4589

Additional Notes

When trying to use the matchmaking portal to find a lobby with players I get an error:

“Client was disconnected because a second connection from the same client being make to the same server.” (I will note, that this is the same even when there are different active servers)

This action also removes people in your party and you cannot rejoin them, although you can join their game.

Fortnite Matchmaking Explained | Does Fortnite Have SBMM? (gametree.me)