Mask Post Process

Hey,
I was able to make a full screen blur with the depth of field post process which I want to use for both my pause menus and my in game HUD. The issue is that when I want to use it for my in game UI it needs to only be rendered under the HUD and not the entire screen. Is there any way the I can mask the post process to a UMG widget for simplicity?

The other solution that I thought of was to create a material and mask it off in the material. The problem is that PostProcessInput0 already has the blur applied and I can’t use the SceneColor any more, so I don’t have a way to get the original texture without the blur. Is there any way to do this?

Cheers.

Does anyone know? Kinda stuck here.

Have you tried using Custom Depth? I don’t know if it would work though.

Your best bet is creating a blue inside a material via nodes, like mimicing the depth field.

I have looked into it, but I’m using the Depth of Field Post Process, so when I get to the bendable, I don’t have the information for the regular scene anymore. I think my best bet would to render the Blur to another render target and sample from it and the unblured scene in another pass and then combining them that way.