Polycount thread here.
NEW TEASER VIDEO:
Recently I decided to start work on a personal tool that would help me achieve high quality renders from UE4 like I would typically get from Marmoset. I first ran across the “Showcase” blueprint by Osman. After seeing this in action, I wanted to see if I could create a fully featured version with an interface included. This would allow me to setup pre-calibrate environments and create master materials for different asset types (skin, prop, cloth, etc) and allow other artists to simply use the tool to achieve the best iteration. I thought this could be useful for 2 things primarily:
- Create beautiful renders for portfolios/forums in an actual game engine with little effort and little required setup.
- Create pre-calibrate conditions for outsourcing and art direction.
I have worked up a very quick prototype and thought I would share it here to see what people think. Nothing is set in stone and I look forward to community feedback to help me create a tool that UE4 users would enjoy using. (Its worth noting that Epic apparently has plans to upgrade view-port rendering options for at least the static mesh editor as soon as 4.13)
Here is a list of current features:
- Load any actor for rendering
- Switch between hdr environments (similar to Osman’s version)
- Add lights and adjust settings
- Select from multiple view modes. (Lit, Wireframe, Base Color, Ruoghness, Specular, Metallic, Normal, Material AO, Subsurface)
- Adjust env brightness
- Rotate env
- Setup turn table for lighting, env, and assets
- Set sky to color
- Fully usable ui. Hide-able panes, drop down menus, revert icons, etc.
I have a Trello board with a TON of features I plan to add. But before I get too far I wanted to share this and see if the community has any interest in helping me mold this for the market place. Here are a few screens. I will upload some vids soon so you can see turntables in action. (UI is probably a temp look. I may make it a bit more typical eventually.) Here are some of the big ones:
- Post processing pane with sliders for most all pp options
- Dynamic sliders from dynamically created material instances based of master material selection (skin, glass, cloth, etc)
- Rendering outputs. Pics, vids, etc.
- Camera settings
Hope you all like. I will be finishing this up and maybe releasing to market place. (Depending on how much interest is generated.)