Marketplace Release Changes *Please Read*

I highly doubt it. They are just giving us the publish “button”. Also, it makes sense for them to review the changes of update as well. I just hope, they don’t review whole content instead of just reviewing the changed parts if it is pointed out by the creator.

Reviewing the update files is well, wrong on many levels.

1. Long wait until update goes live.
  2. All the possible back and fourth.
  3. Adding more wait times to those packages that require review for first time release.

I think the review for updates should be limited to a simple virus scan, or at least trusted sellers should have a code that allows them to bypass the review.

This is a huge improvement. Thank you! But review times are still too long and sending updates via e-mail is too primitive in my opinion :frowning: Form with uploading files and auto-processing would be good (such as Google Play or App Store).

Trusted sellers bypassing the review is way too optimistic but it would be great to not check their contents so thoroughly or at all and let them pass faster. That would also motivate low quality sellers to make higher quality content because they can start selling faster.

However, updates should have same or slightly higher priority in reviewing, those 2 shouldn’t be separated in quality control. I mean, someone could screw up some of the requirements in the update and if it is not reviewed, people would start complaining about low quality again. Some people were complaining about some MP contents not having enough quality and maybe that is why they decided to check every tiny detail of submission and of course that added tremendous amount to waiting time.

There are people who have been constantly improving and putting out better quality work. Shouldn’t worry about them doing low quality work when they’re rolling out an update to actually -improve- the content. And either way, they issue refunds if anyone has a valid complaint.

Not saying they should have zero review on what’s submitted as -update files- but the current approach is definitely not optimal.

Of course there are such people, and solution to it is, once again, Trusted Seller option. It was mentioned many times in the past as well.

Well, almost none of the procedures of MP are optimal currently. Heavy lack of automation is one of the biggest problems I believe. Recently I was thinking, they might be working on automating processes and that was the reason for increased waiting times because they were busy on that front but seems like I was hoping for too much. Hopefully things will get better from here on because this is the first answer from MP official in a long time and we are getting a new functionality :slight_smile:

No worries! That was an alarmed “No” not a, you’ve done a bad thing no :). I’ll check on your pack and ping the ticket for you so you can have an idea of where it is.

Sorry about that! Updates to already released packs don’t get a full review, they get a quick test to make sure that nothing is broken on download or with the sending of your files. That’s a quick open and peek around. Once a pack is released it’s up to you to keep your promise to your buyers on what you’re selling. You’re still going to have to e-mail in the content updates for now but that’s another piece we’re working on alleviating as well with functionality and policy review.

Thank you very much! And I figured lol, I didn’t take it that way. =P

Good to know that.
Thank you very much.

Very good news! :slight_smile: thanks for working on that!
@Smarkoff : question: since we will be able to decide when our asset go live etc… we can market it and all that stuff… this is good! however, customers are used to the Wednesday release of new content. By experience I know that customers are more attracted by stuff shown to them on a launcher or landing / home page. New content might get lost right after release with all the other older stuff…
So What i’m wondering is: will new assets have a “NEW” badge / tag wil lyou guys create a “New on the Marketplace” page? kind of like the “On Sale” and “Event Sale” ones. This would help customers look for something new in an esay and accessible manner.
Thanks

Speaking of Wednesdays, where are the updates? Probably the time of holidays :cool:

Now its Thursday and still no updates

They’ll have the New badge still, we have the recent additions sections and I’ll be going through and adding stuff to the featured tab as it rolls out since I’m tracking the release still to make sure people see it. That last part is probably going to change after this because there’s no longer that variable that I can visually control as far as release but I think the overall good this will do will be much better. That’s going to take a little experimentation to do after this releases.

We are starting the rolling releases now so no more just Wednesday stuff. This is clean slate going forward and hopefully it result in more content overall each week since I can only really do a certain number per day. Next week you’ll probably see more.

That’s awesome! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Good to know, we know you have a lot on your plate at the moment so any feedback is appreciated.

Now I understand why there are so few assets released each week. It’s the review process that takes ages.
I thought there weren’t enough creators, but apparently there are.

Even after being approved it takes months to get released. I am at 9 weeks waiting to be released after approval. No replies to emails or pm’s.

I’ve sent my files for review on July 15 and haven’t heard back since then, is it possible that my submission was ‘lost’ somewhere in the system?

BTW. 4.17 just came out and my project needed some small fixes to work properly with 4.17. What should I do now, should I sent the additional 4.17 project files by replying to the same email ticket? Wouldn’t this put me at the end of queue or something? Or maybe I should wait and send the 4.17 files after the initial 4.16 one will be accepted…?

… It’s great to see these changes coming, I hope that it will improve the whole process to be less painful for both Marketplace Creators and Epic Staff :slight_smile: Thanks!