Map Indicator Device not re-enabling

Summary

When I disable a MID with verse it will not always re-enable.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Verse

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Steps to Reproduce

Add 2 MID’s, 1 enabled and 1 disabled, enable one and disable the other with verse, then after a time do the reverse.

Expected Result

The expected result is for one MID to turn off and the other to turn on.

Observed Result

It is sporadic whether it works or not, sometimes it does and sometime it doesn’t. I’ve tried adding a Sleep(10.0), as suggested in a similar closed bug report, to give the commands space from other things going on in the code, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

6083-3965-4280

I believe you have to start with all of them enabled. Then, disable them after the Sleep. Then, you can enabled them when you need them, and they should work. Is this what you’re doing?

Anyway, the bug report is still relevant. We should be able to start with them disabled.

I wasn’t doing that, but I tried it, and it’s still happening. I am making sure all the MID’s are enabled at game start, sleeping for 10.0 in OnBegin and then disabling them. It still seems to be sporadic as to whether they work or not. Thanks for the clarification though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This setup is consistently working for me. I will double-check, and let you know if there is anything else I am missing.

I do a bit of work in OnBegin, but I only have Sleep(1.0) before map_indicator_device.Disable(). I remember that I tested different values, and the value I picked was the lowest that consistently work. I am not sure if it’ll fix the issue for you, but it is worth a try.

I don’t know. It seems to work at first, but then stops working again. I’ll keep trying different things and post if I find anything that works. I appreciate your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like