Map Controller just showing blank map

Reference ID

635ca5a5-4e1d-72d6-e92c-f5b7f3094d8c

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

The map controller device has not shown any of the scenery inside it since the update to UEFN. It is registering because it does show the curser while the player is there. I have tried adjusting settings, deleting it and using a new one, even open another project and see if it works there. Nothing. I need it to work for Sudoku because it helps see what the tiles are.

Steps to Reproduce

Sometimes it will work randomly, but very rarely. Its default is to not work most of the time.

Expected Result

In the past, the map showed the contents of everything within it within about a few seconds.

Observed Result

Usually, the map controller just shows where the curser is and nothing else.

Platform(s)

windows and XBox

Island Code

5543-3899-9460

Additional Notes

I also tried to make this work in other projects but it does the same thing so it’s not that specific device and it seems to generally be broken since the latest UEFN update.

there’s a workaround in this thread that might help until they fix the issue

Do you mean adding a custom texture to the ground would make it work? If so will it show regular Fortnite assets in there? For Sudoku I used regular floors found in Fortnite assets that change as the numbers change so updating regularly is helpful, so the mini map shows the updated Sudoku board.
Edit: I tried a few different texture assets for the ground from Sketchfab andPolyHaven and in a different map and it didn’t make it work.

no, go to the “Making Custom Maps” section and follow the instructions

My map controller device used to work before the update for the sudoku map I used it on already it no longer works for any maps I try it on though. It won’t work regardless of anything in the instructions. (It used to work before the update) so it stopped working and nothing makes it work again. Obviously if the instructions worked I wouldn’t be here (not trying to be mean or anything, it’s just if those worked I wouldn’t ask on here.)

The status of FORT-740104 incident has been moved from ‘Unconfirmed’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

well the workaround worked for me, that’s why i recommended it to you