Map Controller Device stopped working

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

The map controller device used to display the whole island but now it’s just a translucent box

Steps to Reproduce

Add a map controller device to your island

Tick the “Full frame minimap” option

launch a session and start a game

Expected Result

I should be able to see my whole island in the map

Observed Result

I just get a translucent box with no part of the island displayed

Platform(s)

PC

Additional Notes

This worked fine prior to the 29.10 release

i wasn’t able to add this image in the initial post

The status of FORT-729726 incident has been moved from ‘Unconfirmed’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

Map Controller Device appears to still be working when using a custom texture map. So this could be a workaround solution if you need to fix the issue in a published island.

See documentation on how to set it up:

1 Like

this works, thank you ItsJacky

This issue is not specific to using the scale minimap. It’s for any Map Controller device used in UEFN. I’ve had a thread open since 29.10 when this broke in the Discord community that has gone mostly unnoticed. Apparently using the map controller in Creative works just fine. But any implementation including all default settings in a brand new project don’t work.

As of 29.20, there is now an additional issue where the preview of the map controller in UEFN displays many artifacts as shown.

Here to confirm that the issue is still happening.
Version: 5.4.0-32716692+++Fortnite+Release-29.20
Platform: Windows 11 (23H2) [10.0.22631.3296] (x86_64)

Still the same here - just standard creative on PS5 - old and after deleting the controller and starting with another one, and brand new maps.

Could we get some acknowledgment that this is a known issue and is being looked at?

Upvoted and I can confirm this is still a problem.
I just placed a map controller in a new project and it is completely blank during game play.

now the workaround doesn’t work anymore because they took away the “capture image” button

why?