MallocBinned2.cpp error

Ok I had build a project and then it randomly starting giving me the error:

LogPlayLevel: Error: 08-18 12:01:17.557 25434 25434 D UE4 : Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/HAL/MallocBinned2.cpp] [Line: 1241]

So I tried recreating the project from scratch and the error didn’t come. It was fine, I rebuilt several times, packaged for shipping, etc…no problems. Then I disabled 2 or 3 google plugins that I didn’t need, and it would still launch, but if I packaged it, it would do it and install. But then running it on the headset it would kick out right away. If I looked at the logcat in Android Studio, it would say something about a null pointer reference, which seemed to be similar to the Malloc error (I think?)

By the way, this is for arm64 only, arm7 (32 bit) had no issues. But Oculus only accepts arm64 now.

So that was using engine 4.25. I then created a new 4.26 VR project, using the template, and just disabled those 2 or 3 google plugins again, and am getting the MallocBinned2.cpp error again. Not sure if it is coincidence or what but this null pointer/malloc thing is a real pain.

Anyone have any insights on it / how to fix it?

BTW re-enabling those google plugins doesn’t fix it.

I get this error now did you ever fix it?

Same here…No solution found. In UE5.3.1

I am having the same problem, it seems to be related to DX 11 and the water plugin for some reason. since this is a BIG problem for my Steam game i unforthanly need to dive into C++ and figure out what’s causing it because Visual studio code don’t allow me to look at the DLL file that is the root problem of this apperently.
I will investigate and reply again if i find the solution