Making a Metriod-Vania game. Need help.

The project is called “Omega Mouse Zero”. Here is the latest development video.

I need level designers!

6 Likes

Hi there @breen3d,

Hope you’re well and having a great week so far!

I’m no level designer, but I had to hop into this thread and compliment the game a bit. The artstyle, ability effects, and creature design are all genuinely charming and look terrific!

Do you plan on sharing the development process here on the forums at all? I’d definitely love to keep up with this project :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m happy you like it. Yes, I will continue to share the development process here.

Here’s my latest video:

1 Like

Definitely a fan of this project. The music matches the environment so incredibly well and creates an almost serene feeling. Can’t wait to see more!

Happy developing in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s another update.

1 Like

First look at the Snake character.

Still looking for a level designer? You can add me on discord: random0bat#8955

Just email me. breen3d@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi there @breen3d,

Hope you’ve been well!

This latest video, while comical, is also a bit of nightmare fuel. The kick push is especially entertaining and funny. However, it’s the caged mouse voices that gave me both a good giggle and the creeps. Hopefully, you let them out after the video ended :joy: :mouse:

Thanks for continuing to share and I can’t wait to see more of the project!

I love your response because that’s exactly what I was going for. There is no reward or bonus for rescuing other mice. My idea was to make you sympathize with them so you will want to help them anyway. Here’s a clip that might give you a little relief for these poor guys:

1 Like

He just floats off into the void :joy: Absolutely obsessed with this project now. It’s so charming and fun. Seriously can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

Here’s another game called Zombie 2020 that I’m working on.

Introduction cinematic and original score for Omega Mouse Zero!

1 Like
1 Like

Hi again @breen3d,

Hope you’ve been well!

Ah, I’m so stoked to see an update from this thread! ( I guess I missed your ping for the last one :frowning: ) Every time I watch a video for this game, I can’t help but to smile all the way through. The dialogue is easily the best part. It manages to be both inspiring and just hilarious. :laughing:

Thanks so much for continuing the share your art and this spectacular game. I hope we get to see more!

Appreciate it! Here’s another clip of me playing the first 2 minutes of the game.

1 Like

I have to say - that combat looks incredibly fluid and reactive. Especially considering all the particle physics. Is there any ETA on a demo yet or is it way to early to tell? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The demo comes out late December. I’m unsure about my marketing strategy right now. The plan is to release a demo to create hype to crowdfund the full game. The demo should take about an hour to complete.

1 Like

Makes sense. I wish you all the luck :slight_smile:

1 Like