Making a 360 screenshot?

Is there a way to make a 360 screenshot that can be posted online? I’m thinking of taking 6 images and forming a sky box, then converting that to an equirectangular image. But I’m hoping there’s an easier way.

You can use a “scenecapture cube” to get an equirectangular image.

Provided you have an Nvidia card, just activate the Ansel plugin and use that.
It can do high res shots, stereo shots, 360 shots and stereo 360 shots.

I do have a recent NVidia card. I’ll have to give that a try. The 3D scene capture cube also works. But the resolution is not the best.

The resolution limit on scene captures are probably tied to the UE4’s default 4K texture limit, which can be increased to 8k if need be.

I tried using Ansel and it almost works. The resolution is better, but there’s vertical distortion from the fact that Ansel apparently clips vertically at +/- 60 degrees or so. This is causing issues when posting the resulting image to FB since it expects images to be 360 degrees around and +/- 90 degrees up and down.

Edit: I loaded the image as an environment texture within blender and it works perfectly. It appears that Face Book is the problem. It wants to clip the image vertically which is producing the distortion. I’m not sure what to do about it. The image has the proper 2:1 aspect.

I got it to work. It seems it was an issue with the browser. A browser update fixed the problem.