Make Ai aim up and down

I have an ai which runs and shoots at the character,but he can’t aim up and down. How can I do this without using aim offset and using blueprints.

if they are characters with bones you could use the control-rig

@DomusLudus Can you please explain how the Control Rig Animation tool related to the AI control of Yaw in the game itself?

I have no idea :sweat_smile:, my project is old and I use animoffset, the content examples has an example of look at.
The first part shouldn’t be hard but I guess getting it to look as good as the animoffset that comes with lyra would be a lot of work.

If you don’t want to use blueprints, what do you want to use? C++?

My issue looks the same. I have a unit controlled by AIController and when I command to shoot the enemy that above or below my unit, controller rotates pawn capsule instead of using AnimBlueprint and rotate only hands. It looks like characted walking 45 deg rotated to sky or to the earth. I cannot find how to correct it. I can share my Aim / Anim and BP.
I do not care if it is BluePrint or C++.
I use BP for preview and then converting what makes sence to C++

Thanks

do you mean this part?

Hi @DomusLudus I have the following config for my Pawn:
Amination BP:

As you can see in the Amin BP it works, buggy, but still works:

However, in the game itself, it looks like that:

This is my class default setting for AI controller rotation

Can you please let me help to understand where I made a mistake to fix it. I used the same config for shooter and it works fine, but for AI controller in TopDownGame it doesn’t work.

Thanks a lot

AI and Player use diferets system, I have uncheck control Rotation Yaw,
anyway I don’t think you have the problem in the animbp

Unfortunately that setting doesn’t make any difference. Plus you can see my another topic about this rotation I have with this pawn Strange rotation of Pawn after it has been shoot

I have found one youtube video on how to make AI aim up and down:

1 Like