I updated my project after v40 and fixed all verse compilation issues. The game sessions runs fine and I can run memory calculation. However verse validation fails with the same error.
There were no verse persistence changes and all verse errors including the one that is reported as a failure have been fixed, checked in and all changes have been pushed.
Observed Result
Verse validation on the publishing services fails with the same error preventing me to publish a new release. Public release is already broken due to FORT-1076741.
vz_test_examples.verse(39,11, 39,13): Script error 3512: This invocation calls a function that has effects that are not allowed by its context: decides diverges
The screenshot shows that I fixed the error that is raised by the publishing validation, which indicates that it’s likely using some past project state instead.
I did fully uncommented the affected class, compiled, pushed and built a new release. The publishing validation still thinks it’s there and has pre v40 state, which makes it fail.
I also encountered a similar problem. I have already removed HunterItems from the code and repeatedly submitted multiple new versions, but the error keeps appearing. It seems that Verse’s verification is checking the content before version 40.00, and the newly submitted content of 40.00 was not successfully verified.
Yes that’s exactly why it’s failing. The old game build is built with new tools but the new tools failing to provide backwards compatibility in our cases and thus we hit these validation errors.
After someone suggested to try out clearing cloud caches the publishing flow does fail with a different error message, but remains at the old code path: