MAJOR BUG on Creative Replay Mode - Jan. 27th, 2024

Issue: Creative Replay Mode is not working properly/as intended after Chapter 5 update, we have evidence.

How to reproduce: DISCLAIMER: This condition doesn’t happen 100% of the time because we think it’s only affecting us on our map and we think it’s due to memory usage. We tried our 5 maps with different memory below, now onto the steps:

1. Play in a CREATIVE MAP for an estimate of 5min.
  2. Leave the CREATIVE MAP then head to REPLAY MODE and watch that CREATIVE MATCH you just played.
  3. FAST FORWARD and pay attention to how your character MOVES around until they suddenly stop moving. (If this didn’t work, then try the next steps that WE did).

1. CREATE your own map in Creative Mode.
  2. Build a map that reaches 50k-100k memory usage.
  3. REPEAT the first 3 steps above^

Platform and Render Mode: PC and PS4/5 (render mode PC only)

Another Explanation: When I load a replay from Creative or any map my character freezes and walks in place. Either it’d be 2min-5min my character just stops moving for the rest of the whole replay. I tested playing a creative match for 25min and my character freezes at the 3min mark. I tested it by playing 5 minutes of a creative map and my character freezes at the 2min mark. Idk what to do, wondering if it could even be fixed? Even the timer stops moving sometimes, here’s some proof from my friend’s pov that’s on PC (PS5 has the same result as we tested it together while the both of use is using ETHERNET CABLE)

Is this on UEFN? Did you create this map?

• No, the map we made was from Creative 1.0 and not UEFN.

What is the Island Code?

• N/A, it’s our map that’s not posted.

What happened prior to seeing the issue?

• My friends and I are trying to create a video in Creative. We played our map that has 80k memory.

• We think it has to do something with memory because the more memory the more the replay from creative lags and then our characters freezes in place at the 2min mark until the end of the 25min clip with no recovery if we backup or fast forward.

• We deleted some objects in our map until it reached from 80k to 20k, played on the map for 5 minutes, checked that Creative Mode Replay clip and had better results. (BUT that sucks because we had to delete too many things in order for the Creative Replay to work a bit properly).

Do you have a link to video/screenshots showing the issue?

• Yes I have 5 video evidence that you can look through to see this Creative Replay Mode bug. If I get a response from the Epic Games team then I can send them, I just don’t know where.

@JoJn Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!
For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form