MacBook Pro heating. Unreal 4.6.1

MacBook Pro Retina (July 12)
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Second monitor.

Unreal Engine 4.6.1

MacBook becomes very hot very fast in several minutes after launching of Unreal Editor. Cooling system becomes very crazy and noisy. I think you should pay more attention to optimization for Mac. Sorry if I offended you. It was not my goal.

I do not experience same problem on PC with integrated Intel 4600 with same almost empty scenes.

Hey ,

This is normal behavior for Editor on MacBooks. only thing you can do to prevent this is to disable Realtime in Viewports and set maxfps to ~30 to 40. developers continue to make improvements for Mac, but that may not be something that can be fixed much. You may also find improved performance using Yosemite (10.10.1), but I don’t know if that will help with this particular behavior.

Unity Engine is more delicate with my MacBook :))

OK. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hm, I often worked outdoors and with Unity Editor and cpu/gpu usage never was an issue. Now I am planning to start with Unreal, but that noise really drives me cracy and battery is dying very fast . At least, during “Stop”, there should be an option, to shut rendering off. I don´t need all that animations going on, when scripting.

Will there be a solution?

how do you disable realtime in viewports and set maxfps to 30 to 40? Much thanks for answer