Mac OS 10.9.2 Mavericks. Launch Editor U4?

Thanks for update. I’m glad you were able to run it after all, even if that required sacrificing some features. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help in that matter. We certainly will be looking into adding support for more hardware and performance improvements, so stay tuned.

Hi, Lukas, put out tonemapper in post processing options, thats main trouble as I saw here. Additionally scale realtime options like this:

screen+shot+2014-03-20+at+15.59.15.png

Ok, I think issue is solved, so far, as possible for time being…At least for crashes and viewport salad. Main thing on launch was USB input device bug, and for a reasonable view tonemapper option from postprocessing menu has to be put off…scaling down two realtime options from epic to medium allows at least running tests with editor. I guess, if there will be a patch for USB, a lot of smaller and older iMacs with 4GB RAM and ATI Radeon cards could use editor. Thanks to all Macians for communicatingideas. Suggestion to DevTeam: review system requirements given and test on different Macs. We´ll be testing on this version now with blueprint concepts.
No refund required, so far.
Best, for now

H. Musal

You can download a patch that should solve USB crash from http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/QFE-FromCL-2027741-Shelve-2030404… file contains an installer that will update engine. Please note that this is just a quick fix so you don’t have to wait for 4.0.2 release. As such, it’ll be removed if you use Verify Install option in Launcher.

Thanks! This fixed issue for me.

Hey MichaelT you ROCK!!! This quick fix works beautifully. Thank you so much for jumping all over this and knocking it out! So glad we will be building with tools from such a dedicated team. Time to evangelize UE4!!!

Hey everyone, if you will look back up this thread MichaelT posted link to a quick fix you can download and install that resolves USB device issue. As far as old Radeon cards and 4GB systems it’s not really in realm of reason to expect a next generation graphics engine and game development tool to run like lightning on those specs. That’s just how technology advances and if we are going to play in that sandbox then we have to accept it.

Thank you for kind words! Glad I could help. You can expect more good stuff in future, so stay tuned :slight_smile: