Mac Dependency Conficker.Gen Anti-Virus Trigger

Trying to get latest dependencies using Setup.command for first time on a Mac for one of my clients on-site, their gateway firewall is blocking a file and throwing up all kinds of alerts. Pretty weird to have on-site IT freak out about me downloading viruses when pulling CDN dependencies from Epic.

specific file in questions is: http://cdn.unrealengine.com/dependencies/2388810-38a809b152ef47a18c467680213085a6/7cb3cdcff2a2f040d7116be29362cea5f522bf27

Perhaps this file is actually infected? I bet its a false positive, but this is a very real thing thats happening and is blocking dependency gathering for anyone using a heuristic gateway anti-virus firewall.

I’m you guys for any information about this before IT here to let me bypass this. Know anything about this?

Thanks.

Hey Allar!

I’ll get someone to talk to devs about it as soon as we can.

Hey Allar,

Just wanted to let you know we’re still looking into this. I did a check with an alternate anti-virus program and it didn’t catch anything, and as far as we can tell there’s nothing wrong with that file. I’m still waiting to verify with a couple of devs, and I’ll let you know what they say. Thanks for your patience!

Hey Allar,

I’ve been informed that those files have triggered plenty of false positives in past, and we can’t see anything wrong with them at this time. We would assume it’s safe. If UNCOMPRESSED files trigger a warning, then we would worry, but this one seems fine. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! You can probably get IT to bypass warning.

Alright, will forward this to their IT team. Thanks!