Luos's "One Particle A Day/356 days" showcase

Luos, You are a great artist. Your work inspires me. Please do not give up this new project and help other artists get better. I really appreciate everything you’re doing and thank you.

These are fantastic!

Thank you all :slight_smile: Really appreciate the kind words :slight_smile:

It is amazing what some people are able to do with the engine. How did you first start learning how to make particles?

I just opened the UT3 projectile content, looked at it, recreated it, went from there.
Nowadays, you could download any of the free learning tab/marketplace content or UT4 content, look at the particles, recreate them, learn from them :slight_smile:
I pick apart any particle I can find, and if I see something interesting, I ask myself… how would I recreate it.

You inspired me to start working on particle effects :slight_smile:

This is AWESOME !!! :smiley: Go Luos !! :slight_smile:

Great work Luos! Following the whole challenge will be an epic endeavor!

Aww thanks :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t call that a real particle effect, it is basically “Vertex-count-agnostic morph targets” or just vertex animations on a mesh, controlled by a texture.
They just used it inside an emitter to show versatility.
There isnt enough control to simulate crowds in an arena, all looking at the battlefield… well there is… but it would probably be easier to use meshes/2d planes/instances/yada’s.

Special thanks to Ryan Carag (twitter.com/Raiyum) who created this effect for his game, and allowed me to recreate it :slight_smile:
Since I am still rather in-experienced with giving particles the right timing, its something I really want to focus on, and recreating this helped me a lot :slight_smile:

Aaaand, the speed create video as well:

^^ re-uploaded, with proper ending (which even has a comparison shot)

So just to be sure you are aware… your article says 356 days, when i am fairly certain there are 365 days in a year lol, did you intend to subtract the 10 days for a reason?

You should read the first post :wink:

New video is up, not really happy with it, and I REALLY need to learn more about timing, impact, oomph.

watch?v=Bc-T-x29y_Y

and as usual, here is the speedcreate as well :slight_smile:

To be able to envision something like these is fantastic. Then you go and bring them to life! Now THAT, is absolutely amazing work. Keep up the great job! Can’t wait to see more! :slight_smile:

Amazing stuff sir.
:slight_smile:
Music too ^^

:slight_smile: thanks! hugs

Warning: Heavy load:

For the megaman fans, I have some high res shots of the Kaiser Beam:

Looks really cool, Thanks for sharing!

Day 10 already.

watch?v=-SrSDkPJDDM

Speedcreate coming in about an hour.

These are awesome, keep up with the good work!!