Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Good stuff Loushuang! Keep it up!

Thanks, Makigirl

So I just installed this into the engine, how do I know if it is working or not?

When you bake lighting for a level, the GPU Lightmass program window will start if everything is working as it should, and you will see progress in that window as well as the Swarm Agent window.

so the normal baking windiw will start just like stock UE4

I have a problem after 12 hours of GPU Baking :rolleyes:

GPULightmass Kernel: Line 220: cudaCheckError: out of memory

This means that video card exhausted limit of video memory?
Buy the way, i have noticed that bake process using CPU and pagefile too (which in my case was 140 000 GB)
Please help me understand which memory insuficient in this case.
You can find full swarm log in attach.

PC Specs:
i9-7900x
16 GB DDR4
Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

Yes. Usually, if you find that you need lightmap resolution > 1K with GPULightmass, you’ll probably want to change your workflow. It’s very rare that you need 2K or 4K lightmaps, even for .

But my video card have processed so many lihtmaps with 4096 resolution before crash.
Maybe i should try to increase my TDR? Now its set up on 300.
Or maybe there is a way to make second video card get in the bake? Maybe with SLI?

Looks werid. Maybe GPULightmass has some memory leaks. I’ll look into it.

That will be great!) What about multiple video cards? Do you plan to add support for this?

Hi, thanks a ton for making this.
I am having this issue after trying to baking lighting for an older project:

‘‘The lunch timed out and was terminated’’

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Also did you try the command line baking technique?

Currently no plan for multi-GPU since I’m still working on core sampling algorithm. You can use distributed rendering to leverage multiple GPUs on different machines.

A quick question? how many ram and video memory requires?

Didn`t try it yet. Will try ASAP and let you know!

PS: For now i have decided to split my scene and try to bake only 30% of it.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to set up a swarm so that I can bake the Lightmass with multiple GPU’s.
If so please let me know because when I try this the swarm status of my client PC stays Unassigned.

I also have a small feature request. It would be great if you could bake the lightmass of only the selected item. So that I don’t have to recalculate everything.

, Amazing stuff !
Do you plan to support IES ligths in the near future?

Yes, and also a separate, smaller window titled GPU Lightmass Progress.

I don’t get the second window, all I get is a regular window

Hey ,

Maybe you should update the original post with the couple lines to change for users building the engine source? ^^ You gave me the changes to made at page 3.

Just made a video as someone asked me some help :

I am using the Binary installation btw