Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Hi Guys,
What is Prometheus? How it’s work?
And tell me please GPULightmass supports SLI Technology?

It doesn’t use SLI, none of the offline GPU renderers do. Also I think it is limited to only 1 GPU at the moment.

Stange. I installed Prometheus 4.22 same process as GPULightmass and it dont work. Swarm agent starts and Gpu window doesnt open. 1080ti, 419,64 driver. GPULightmass 4.21 works perfectly.

As I see there is no Progress Bar for Prometheus right now, watch Swarm Agent Log. I hope ** **will add it later, because custom GPULM progress bar is more accurate in term of time left for baking.

during the test I discovered some strange issue with using of Prometheus. Middle face of the door frame was baked incorrect. Here are 3 screenshots of both GPULM and Prometheus captured from the same position. Prometheus bake look too dark in compare to GPULM. I can send you this simple scene for investigating if need.

Prometheus…GPULM

Prometheus…GPULM

Prometheus…GPULM

Would be very helpful. Thanks!

EDIT: If possible can you provide a 4.21 version so that I can compare it to VRay?

Hi Great job what I see around here, but you could help me explain step by step what I should do to use your prometheus- uvtesting-0.1.0 in unreal 4.21.2
Is it just overwriting the files with prometheus? In unreal, should I change anything?
I’m waiting for your help, thanks.

Hi everyone, does RTX card support Loushang GPULM now?

Thank you! I approved the pull request last Friday, but forgot to merge the changes! :slight_smile: It’s done now, merged and tested. Thanks Samuel again!

Hi, does anyone know if GPU Lightmass makes use of portal lights? I saw that this was asked a couple times in the thread, but apparently no response.

Just wondering if I should take the time to place portals for interior scenes, or if it won’t make any difference…

It doesn’t use portals.

Great, thanks :slight_smile:

Why doesn’t it use portals ?

• It works with 4.21, but can easily be adapted for 4.20x and 4.19.x if needed by adjusting a few parameters inside the file (just edit with Notepad and change UnrealVersion variable to 4.20 or 4.19.
  • i don t know where i should edit to work on version 4.21.2 ?
  • please define this point clearly

Hello Guys how can i get rid of this problem?

Thank you all for doing such great work.
I need to reinstall 4.21 - where I can find script for 4.21 again.
thank you

Where i can download the prometheus test version? i only found the 4.22 lightmass in the first page

Thanks! :slight_smile:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/1460002--s-gpulightmass/page65

Thank you :slight_smile:

What is the stipulation on the licensing for company use? Could we obtain a license? Or could this be under MIT or GPL? Thanks!